Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Cd changer and fuel lcd dispaly !!

Ive just been to look at a t reg (facelift) avant and it looks quite promissing but i wanted to check a few things first,the lcd display in the centre of the clocks (the one with the pic of the petrol pump) is faulty as it has random lines missing and running through it,can these be replaced separatly and what sort of price are they ?? Also the car only had the concert radio cassette fitted , if i get amulti changer with lead will it plig staight into the head unit or is it a different type ??

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The LCD is a common fault, and can only be rectified with replacement of the whole dash. The changer will plug right in, you may even find the cables are in place ready if you are lucky

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for that,i had a feeling the whole lot would have to be changed !! Am i right in thinking the cd changer is on the left in the boot ??

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    It deffo is on a saloon, so i assume its the same on the Avant, my 98.5 had the cable installed already

hows my driving call 0800-EAT-****

Status
    the cable was in mine on the left side in the boot i have a 98 1.8t sport avant and i have the same problem with the display,it gets worst as it gets hotter in the car ! i think it cost about 400 for a new one
    AUDI A4 AVANT 1.8T SPORT

18" RS6 ALLOYS**RS4 FRONT GRILL**RS4 LOWER GRILLS** HALO HEADLIGHTS** N75 'J'** FORGE SPLITR DUMP VALVE** SPLITFIRE BOOST GAUGE VENT MOUNTED**GERMAN NUMBER PLATES **LOWERED 40MM**CHIPPED UK REMAP**

Reverse Gear

Status
    Damn i alos have the dash problem, i was going to take it out to have a look this weekend.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I also have the computer display going out, I think it's a fault of all audis.
    1998.5 Audi B5 Quattro 30v V6 5-speed
    1990 Nissan 240SX 5-speed 2.5L