B5 calipers front and back

jcb

Reaction score
Are the standard (or sport) calipers the same mounting front and back?
haven't had a chance to look but if they are I have a plan!

Just bought some lovely new 996 monoblock Porsche calipers with pads!! for the front obviously.

What is to stop me putting my front ones on the back to even up the imbalance?

1st thing to stop you fitting front calipers to the rear is the handbrake meck mate, i dont think a hydraulic hand brake will pass mot tbh,so thats not an option.

I wouldnt worry too much as the front does 70% of the braking anyway, and if you go too mad on the rear, you could have some scary stepping out going on

how much you pay for the 996 monoblock Porsche calipers with pads ? i would like to see some pics when your done :hubbahubba:

ah ******...forgot about the handbrake...although a WRC style hydr. handbrake would be nice!!
will probably fit them and see what happens, if it is too front centric will probably go for S4/RS4 rears..

calipers were £280!! BAAAAAAARGAIN.

porkers.jpg

Fitting 345mm discs......have a plan...and it doesn't involve stupid price Audi RS4 or Brembo disc prices

watch this space

i was going to buy these for mine before i decided to sell it. they are from euro car parts ebay shop, £925 for a 2.8 quattro a complete bolt on kit.

dc_1.jpg

Thats the problem, £1000 gets you some very nice brakes.
do some research and you can have the same standard of brakes and still pay the rent!

I got mine from Germany, have been watching numerous sets of 4 pot and 6 pot brembos come and go before plumping for these, nearly had some for £240 last month but i missed the end of the auction!!

Disc are going to cost me £95, hoses £20, brackets are being made for £40
All in £400, and they are new!, couldn't replace the OEM ones for that.......

345 discs for £ 95 ?

what are they off, Mers v12 Sclass New a8 or something else ?

PhilR said:
345 discs for £95 ?
what are they off, Mers v12 Sclass New a8 or something else ?
close........they are £95 becaise I am not really fussed about drilled or grooved discs when I have 345mm discs with 4 pots. not increasing any weight on the car

Brackets made at a local engineers.
Peice of p1ss as he already has a flange to match the caliper bolt pattern to, and the other one is standard Audi hub/caliper pattern.
Have no idea why anyone would pay £185 for a peice of forged steel with no holes tapped into it (those MBR bracket thingies on ebay)

All the engineer needs is the height of the disc hat (giving him the centre of the disc and thus the width of the bracket) the bolt pattern of the caliper and the pattern of the hub.

two peices of flat carbon steel with four holes tapped into them...not rocket science

I am way for a couple of weeks, but if this works and fits OK I will pass on all details so people can do their own

part numbers on pics. actually these are from a cayenne, but the only difference is the lug (which I wanted) vs. radial mount.

for some reason they go for much less than those on a 911

ssssshhhh don't tell anyone