Another wheel size question (sorry)

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been thinking about some new wheels. Could someone tell me if 8.5J+18H2 wheels with an ET rating of 45 and a 5/112 stud pattern would fit ok? and what tyres would be suitable?. Would I encounter any 'issues' ?
Many thanks.
Si.

i think you will have problem with them being to close to the suspension/hitting it with an offset of 45

i have 18x8 with a 35 offset and it quite close even with it sitting further out

it might not be the wheel itself that will give you problems but the tyres

isnt there a chance you could test fit one first on the front and rear to check?

alan

I've got 18 x 8.5j rims and ive got 225 40 18 tyres to go on, mine also et 45 but not got them fitted yet so hope they go on ok. There's always spacers!

No, test fitting is not an option and I'm not too keen on spacers because I'm not sure about load issues on wheel bearings.
Think I'll give them a miss then ?
Si.

if they do rub then just use spacers, you odnt need huge ones maybe even only 5mm ones but would have thought no bigger than 10mm

and as long as you get correct fitment and some better quality ones then you shouldnt get any load problems, loads of people have fitted spacers to their audis without any problems

alan