BOOKED IN FOR CHIPPED UK NEXT WEEK !!

AUDI@WRC

hows my driving call 0800-EAT-****
Reaction score
anybody had any remaps done by CHIPPED UK in bromsgrove ? im booked in next week for a remap with rolling road before & after.

cool do you know how much difference this makes to your insurance yet ?

if you managed to fit the n75j valve i would take it off and refit it after your remap, as if its mapped with that valve the benefit of it will be absorbed

its having a rolling road before the map so i wanted to leave the n75 j on to see if i gain any BHP, i was hoping for around the 10bhp for the n75 j and another 45 bhp with the map ? any ideas what sort of boost psi i will have after the remap ?

Yes Jayson's done my 2.8, ****** good job considering it's N/A and not Turbo!

Ask him if he;s got his Rolling road fixed yet since my green a4 went in last month. He should remember me. If he says fat bloke kick him

Listen mate! you may not have pics are your car in your gallary but at least stick a bigger version on that lovely Avtar your using!

The N75j valves give higher boost because it is slower to respond to the ecu's signal. This delay in opening the wategate allows for a slightly higher boost accross the rev range. If you take your car for a custom map the tuner will be aiming for around 14psi max boost and will expect to see boost tail off at a set rev range, which is the point where the K03 becomes inefficient. If you leave the N75j on you will loose its benefits because your car will be mapped to 14psi.

fair dooos PHILR you know your sh*t !! if i take the n75 j off and it is mapped to 14psi will it then boost higher with it back on ?

AUDI@WRC said:
fair dooos PHILR you know your sh*t !! if i take the n75 j off and it is mapped to 14psi will it then boost higher with it back on ?

Lower down in the revs it should work like that yes, but you will need to watch for spkes (abnormally high boost pressure) that may put you into limp mode.

The more significant gain from the N75j comes through the delay I mentioned which allows for an inflated (but not necessarily higher than 14psi) boost level compared to the std valve higher up in the rev range

cheers philr it makes sense now i will take it off next week