Reset Service Light

A4 Quattro Sport

Top Gear
Reaction score
Hi

I have searched the forum and found various threads detailing how to reset the service light.

However it doesnt work on my car.

The Service light comes up in the centre autocheck display when i start the car, not where the miles are displayed.

Can anyone tell me how to reset the light?

The car is a 99.5 1.8T Quattro Sport.

Thanks

interesting, mine is an identical car, (actually Nov 99) but the service light comes on in the mileage indicator.

Does it require VAG com?
you have treid the old "holding the buttons down when you turn the ignition on" trick?

Yep

I have tried holding down the buttons when i turn the ignition on. Thats what my owners handoook says!

I have a 97 1.8T Sport and this reset thing never worked on mine.

A4 Quattro Sport - Where are you based as I have access to VAG-COM I could get it reset for you.

Not sure i doubt it, the freeware version is very limited. I have access to the full-monty. Where abouts in the fine country of Scotland are you?

I stay in Greenock, If you want to pop up or meet somewhere I can get it reset for you.

Mines a 99.5 and I just followed what the manual said and it worked fine.
Make sure you follow the instructions in the manual to a tee.

I managed to reset it last night. I think i was holding in both the clock button and odometer button at the same time, when i turned the ignition on. Thanks anyway.

No probs anytime you want any VAG-COM work done let me know.