Need an odd part. Have you got one?

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Guys, wanting to sell the car has got my a$$ in gear to fix all the little niggling faults that have been left for a year!
Sorted the brake pad warning light which had been on since having new pads!
But now I need a bonnet catch, not the actual catch but the bit that pops through the grille for you to pull and release the bonnet. The end of mine came off after a little while, must have been a crap casting! If anyone has one off an old bonnet or something I would be grateful if you'd let me know.
Cheers.

A new one is only £12 odd from vagparts so I think I will order one in the week. Half expected it to be a fortune!

JayB5UK said:
A new one is only £12 odd from vagparts so I think I will order one in the week. Half expected it to be a fortune!
I got surprised by that once, where a part I thought would be really expensive turned out to be a few quid. The return spring snapped on the driver's side internal door handle on my B5 Quattro. Thinking a new handle assembly would be mega-bucks, I managed to locate a second hand rear door handle assembly with spring for £10. I managed to get the spring off but fearing I'd break it trying to fit it onto the front door assembly, I handed it to my garage when it went for servicing.

Next day, they phoned to say they spent ages trying to fit the spring to the assembly, but it couldn't be done without damaging the assembly beyond use, so they'd phoned Audi to get a price on a new assembly with spring. It was £18!

By the time they'd charged me the labour for trying to fit the spring to the old assembly and the labour for fitting the new assembly (something I could have done easily myself), that £18 assembly cost me nearer £100.

Memo to self: Check the part price first!

Funnily enough I need one of these too, got a price on that, about £18 from dealer as you say and £12 odd also from vagparts.
luckily my best mate is a stripper / fitter extraordinaire, he was gonna take a look yesterday but I thiought i'd get the new part first as it is more likely snapped than weak the spring.