BROKEN ACCELERATOR PEDAL

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
Hi all the most un-imaginable part on my car has broke yday. my foot cliped it from the back of the rest and ripped that plastic rest cover off, ordered 1 full accelerator pedal because you cant fix just the plastic rest orderd it from euro car parts just wondering how much of a big job is it to fix this problem? cant find any previous post on this.

Thank You!:icon_thumright:

I dont think it's too big a job, when mine broke i used it as an excuse to put some pedals on instead, cheaper and smarter

Thanks man ill prolly do the same got so much stuff to do over the weekend, sort pedals out then get rid of a scrape sum **** at work scraped his car against mine then replace panel filter and get sum steel wheels back on as im going to get my wheels refurbed found out that a distant cousin does it so ill use the family blackmail discount trick lol.

Its dead easy, same happened to me last week, changed it in less than 5 mins! Unclip the pedal from its mount by squeezing the clips on the back of the mount and then reach up under the dash and you will feel the top of the pedal arm, where the cable clips in. Unclip the cable and withdraw the pedal. I found it easier to remount the pedal before clippin the cable back in. To clip the cable in fully you need to depress the pedal with 1 hand and pull on the exposed (i.e. unsleeved) bit of the cable. Job done...

Got it sorted was quite a easy thing to fix. thanx for the help ladz!