Facelift cars

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the older and facelift model cars,apart from the bumpers and lights i havent noticed any difference ???

those are the main ones, also differences to some suspension componets i believe, and other chssis bits and bobs.

i think also facelifts had sports seats, and some dash diferences

there is a link somewhere showing a picture of exactly what was different , there is actually quite alot but most are under body so cant be seen

alan

Im going for the facelift model if possible,ive seen an auto one for sale but im not too sure about it !!

I'm a long way away but mine is up for grabs.... !

There are about 130 differences all in all, I had a link somewhere but can't find it. Biggest difference inside is the dash centre console & swiches, outside the door handles, bootlid number plate inset and the headlights.
If you can find one i'd definitely go for one for the money, but my personal pref as that's what I have. Don't take offence anyone else.

Yeah you are a bit too far away and its not silver or an avant !!!:sm4:

Not being biast but i prefer the pre face light handles new style are too curvy for me. But the face lifts although quite subtle all add up to make a big difference they take years off the car compared to a pre-face lift.

docurley said:
17" rims, bonnet, Bootlid, Turbo, Radio, white clocks to add to the list.

Are we on about the Quat Sport then, 17's and white clocks?

951 - No, it isn't silver or an Avant, i'm after an Avant too, was going to buy one in the first place as I planned to keep mine and buy a bike, but the bike came along as a cheap project and I want an Avant for the summer camping and weekends away with mates and that.
Bit of a ****** really as I should have thought about it, plus I bet I won't find one as good as I already have now and will end up doing loads of little bits all over again. The joys of being a petrolhead (fiddler)

yes its the gearbox,im going to ring the guy back and see if its the triptronic or not. I dont mind auto's but my fiance not keen on them and also thinking aboutthe reasle value as well !!!

Thanks for the link i didnt realise there was so much difference. the auto car i saw was a 1.9 tdi.

yes m8 a lot of subtle differences m8

also i dont think the 1.9 tdi is tiptronic, the 2.5 tdi is possibly has tip

Just saw a 1.9 tdi auto today which was tiptronic !!!

Hi Mateys,

I think there are also the door handles, obviously the headlights ans tail lights, and the bumper fixations which are differents.... add up to the list!

Ive decided to go for the face lift model after all, ive just been looking and found an s4 avant v reg for £3495 with high milage, seems a little to cheap to me even with high miles tho !!!!

951 said:
Just saw a 1.9 tdi auto today which was tiptronic !!!
my apologies i stand corrected when you posted the question i did do a quick scour round on ebay and saw 1.9 tdi without tip which was facelift, so im thinking the one you saw may have been an optional extra?

£3495?! That would be the price of a 1.8T! Weird. Smells really fishy. Milage?

951 said:
Ive decided to go for the face lift model after all, ive just been looking and found an s4 avant v reg for £3495 with high milage, seems a little to cheap to me even with high miles tho !!!!

it all depends what sort of mileage and how it was driven looked after/ serviced
iv also heard S4s can be v.expensive to maintain...