My B5 S4 woes

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
So, it turns out that the rubbish performance I have been getting out of the S4 are all down to the air mass meter being knackered.

Unplugged it and the car runs fine.

Going to get a replacement part Monday. Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay? Is the part the original Bosch one, or are there alternatives?

there are different types so get the part no. expect to pay £70 - £90 sometimes they are exchange too.

Just ordered my new MAF sensor too :)

Though when I got my S4, the power loss was down to leaking Y-Pipe, leaking boost hose, one duff lambda, and a duff heat sensor.

other than the bosch sensor there is a more reliable hitachi sensor and conversion kit you can get from ECS i think, ask richa3turbo

I think they are about £75 exchange. It is particular to the S4 so you need to get the correct one. Get yourself down to Swansea Audi they will sort you out.

Swansea Audi? I hope you dont mean the main stealer? Sinclairs?

In my experience, they have been less than capable.

But they do have a sense of humour...

The car went in for the full monty service, with cam belt change etc. Fair play, they did suggest that I have the water pump replaced since the front of the car was off, which I agreed.

The ABS unit had just blown, so I had them to replace as well. £1300 quid bill. As "Thanks", they gave me a free can of de-icer. Obviously, I laughed all the way to work!!!!!

I have always found them to be very good. A main dealer is never going to be the cheapest option for service or repair, but there is not a lot of choice of where to take an S4 in South Wales is there ?.

Interestingly, my ABS unit went just after my cambelt etc. was done. I had mine repaired (fitted it myself) for just under £200, not that that will make you feel any better...

I have one of these as new for sale in the classifides section

I got a replacement bosch unit from GSF for approx 70 quid and fitted it myself in about 3 minutes.

Car is running well again, even if it does have 140K under its belt. I guess motorway miles really are not that bad on the engine!

In a way, I am looking forward to the turbos going...