Will this wheel size fit the 1.8T

macattax

Reaction score
I was wondering if they would fit or not as somone has them for sale here
The size is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8,5J X 18 255/35 ZR18.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are nice alloys in good nick and I am very interested if they fit or not.

[/FONT]

very wide, what offset are they ? and what CAR are they going on ?

They are of an RS4 B5 avant. Located in a nearby brakers yard.

Dont think they will fit. The offest will be ET25 on the rs4 and we need ET35 so the RS4 wheels would stick out your arches.

tyres are fine. i have 245 on mine and they would take a 10mm adapter no problem,
issue is offset
rs4's are Et20. won't work as you are 15 mm further out before you start, add 8.5" rims and 255mm tyres and you will need some serious arch work

I have 245mm tyres on the same car with a ET43 offset and there is planty of room for 10mm more (5 either side). they are 35% wall height so you will still be pretty close to the 17" original rolling radius.

def would'nt fit a quattro. the upper rear suspension arm is very close with 225/40/18's. if you had enough offset to clear that they would stick out loads.
there is more room on a 2wd though. im sure they would be too big as rs4 wheels are made to fill those lovely big arches!

I think OE rs4 rims would give a really nice stance, Id go for 215 35 18 tyres and they should fit no bother, the tyres will be a little stretched which will give you a bit of arch clearence back and look cool) it all depends how low your car is really (and how stiff the suspension is)

I had 9x16 ET15 wheels on my old audi 80 lowered about 50-55mm with no arch work required (225 40 16) tyres There is always a way to get things to fit !