HELP needed replacing bosch diverter valve ?

AUDI@WRC

hows my driving call 0800-EAT-****
Reaction score
hello everyone i own a audi avant 1.8t 98, and just bought the new forge splitR re-cir/dump valve which is a direct replacement for the bosch diverter valve, but i have been looking at the location of it and its in one hell of a place ! does anybody know a easy way to get to it without stripping half the engine lol !! :uhm:

also i need to know which hoses are the boost pipe and turbo pipe ? any pics would be great never had a turbo car before !

Best way is to get the car up on ramps or axel stands, take the bottom cover off (as you would for an oil change) and its an easy job from underneath couple of jubilee clips to undo and a smaller cut off type clip around the vacuum hose.

The turbo intake pipe comes from the airbox and entres the centre of the turbo, the boost pipe comes off the turbo on the side then runs along the bottom of the front panel behind the bumper to the intercooler on the right hand side

hope that helps !

thank you will try and fit it this weekend

I think that how to is for earlier models, with yours being a 98 like mine, you should find it easier from underneath

undo your front panel and bumper and you'll have more room to get down there, quiet east to do. try to keep water hoses connected to rad if you can. maybe a helper to hold front panel while poking around at dv.

I changed mine a week ago, bought a Hyperboost from AMD site.
I used the ( how to DV) guide found in this tread.Its tight but can be done
small hands help!.
None of the clips were facing the right way so a screwdriver was out,small socket set helps.
One word or warning, make sure you have a new small hose to fit valve top to manifold as mine was so brittle and broke in two places.
If you want to use a plastic one buy before you start the job!
Lucky for me the local car shop was 5 mins walk from me an was able to replace the pipe.