B5 Scuttle cover

PhilR

One Ate Tea
Reaction score
as seen here
CarA4.bmp

Anyone know which model these came on, i have a 98 18t Sport and it has no cover,

Anyione know...
Are they off the facelift cars ?
and
will they fit the earlier models ?

Phil, any facelift model will ahve them, and they fit an non facelift no problem at all, you need the under wiper bit as well, and the seal.

Thanks for that, Visit to the scrappies at the weekend required !!!

so if you have a scuttle cover as i do, then i need not worry about the drainhole problem? i took mine to peices when i read about waterleaks but never found a single leaf or anything.

not looking for a scuttle cover anymore, as i decided an OMP strutbrace was required to help cure my creaking dashboard !

Surely you could fit both as they won't interfere with each other?

And can you tell me whether the strut brace makes any discernible difference as it might be a worthwhile upgrade.

the strutbrace goes up and over the battery and Brake fluid res. so i dont think you can fit the scuttle as well. Will let you know how it fits and if it makes any difference

Does anyone have the part number for the scuttle cowling cover thingy-me-bob? Even better if you have a price aswell.

Is it just my car or has anyone else noticed that the drain holes at the bottom of the front windscreen are right above the battery and that water drains over the top of the battery? I know it prob doesnt do it any harm but if just annoys me.