Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
PIC_0003.jpg

PIC_0017.jpg

PIC_0004.jpg

PIC_0006.jpg

PIC_0007.jpg

Just washed the car hence the water drops, but you can see the new side mouldings, removed lower door trim and blended skirts:
PIC_0008.jpg

PIC_0011.jpg

PIC_0012.jpg

The facelift centre console and Symphony, all fitted and operational:
PIC_0019.jpg

The HID's awaiting fitment:
PIC_0013.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Extremely pleased /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

As i said on MSN mate looks sweet as, cant wait to get mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nagges187 said:
what rims are those excursion? btw nice ride

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude,

That looks stunning!

Rich

wow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

.. that looks sweet as mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
wheels.. are they 18s?

Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The wheels are 18" RS4 copies with 225/40 Eage F1's. They are the version with more offset though. I've seen some that aren't quite as dished in the middle and they didn't look as good. No rubbing either and the ride is good.

Mate, amazing job!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Did you happen to get ur rims from Rochford? Anyway nice ride mate, I'm jealous :) What did you do with the lower black rubber trims on the doors? Did you just peel them off, was there much more work to be done to just remove them? Where did you get the M5 spoiler? I saw a few on ebay but they are all for like civic, accord, galant, A6, etc, if you can tell me where to get an M3 1 that'd be great. Thanks. :)

Thanks again chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm not sure where Rochford is, I got the wheels from a guy advertising on here in the summer. He had them on his A6.

The lower door trims slide off, then you are left with holes in the front wings. My mate welded these up from the rear and lead filled them from the front, as not to warp the wing. Along all the doors there are brass pegs that need grinding flat, and there is another hole to sort out ont he rear wheelarch. Everything was etch primed, stone chipped and waxed afterwards.

Obviously after removal you will need a respray /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The M5 spoiler came from America, I'd hazard a guess that they are all the same, mien wasn't designed for the A4, it had to be sanded down to length then heated and bent to the shape of the boot lid. I think there may be M3 ones on the American Ebay site too, but they all seemed to be overpriced.

lovely! Will go get some for RS4's for mine i think. Great job!

I suppose the thing to do is to fabricate RS4 lookalike wide sills? Maybe a project for the cold winter nights?

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
I suppose the thing to do is to fabricate RS4 lookalike wide sills? Maybe a project for the cold winter nights?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been done a few times now, but I'd do the whole conversion:

front1.jpg

rear1.jpg

front2.jpg

The car is going next summer though, so depending on the cost of panels it may not be worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
That car looks the....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
Nice one Mark.

All the parts used on mine are genuine Audi, except the wheels and BMW lip spoiler /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's a genuine RS4 bumper modified to fit standard A4 wings.

The second car also uses genuine RS4 flared wings, and has had the rear done to match. It has an S4 rear bumper like mine and the RS4 front.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That A4 of yours looks the business, what year is it and whats the engine?

Thanks guys, I'm not totally commited to selling but if someone wanted it I'd let it go. I've been thinking about getting a house to rent out.

A4inSC - how did you find the HID's comapred to the H7 Halogens? Was the upgrade worthwhile? I've still not got around to fitting mine [:)]

Hey excursion, how did u do the m3 spoiler, did you spray it first then stick on or you stuck it on first, cos' if latter did you have to debadge the boot and rebadge? I'm kind of deciding whether to get 1 for mine too but not sure if it'd be a lot of hassle.

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
A4inSC - how did you find the HID's comapred to the H7 Halogens? Was the upgrade worthwhile? I've still not got around to fitting mine [:)]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like them. I actually bought them from a wrecked Lexus (IS300, I believe). They were fitted pretty easily, and I really like them. I put the ballasts under the lights, right where the factory pieces are to be installed. They put out a much whiter light. Well worth the effort.

hey excusion is your car lowered at all? or did the wheels fill it that good at stock height?

holy **** 4 inches?? i thought id would only be like 1 or 2 to make the gap between the tire and fender equal. a 2.8 at my school has 17" RS4 replicas on at stock height and theres no way he could drop it more than 3 before it covered the tire. wow, 4 inches. i had no idea it was that much.

how is the ride comfort and handling?

Ride is brilliant, I'm impressed. It's still very plush, you notice the damping although it's not too harsh. The spring rates are spot on, not too bouncy and not too soft.

It goes round corners like it's on rails now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm impressed for a car of it's size and weight.

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
Mark,

You clearly have a talent there. That looks and sounds like a first class job.

Suprised to see you selling it but as you've explained needs must.

I hope you'll stay in touch with the forum if you do get rid.

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick, that's really nice of you. Thanks so much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've decided to buy a Fiesta diesel to keep the miles off the A4 and keep commuting costs down, so looks like I'll be keeping it for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif