96 t sport problems

simon1303

Reaction score
firstly let me say hello as i have just registered.

ive got a 96 1.8t sport which i love but i have a couple of annoying issues with it and wondered if you guys can give me any clues how to fix it

firstly the bulb behind the heater controls has blown which is slightly annoying, is there anyway to replace tis with out removing the centre console like it says in the haynes manual?

also my dis seems to have a problem, i have 3/4 of a tank of fuel but its telling me i only have 10miles till empty and also the mpg is only 5. ive tried resteing and it only clears the drive time and the average counters.

i didnt know if disconnecting the battery would fix this but wanted to know if id have to re program the one touch windows etc

thanks in advance

simon

hi, dis is a constant source of trouble on a4's, you will have to reset windows after battery has been off but its easy. doubt if it will fix it though. you'l need to get the heater panel out to get to the bulbs but ive never had one apart so not sure the bulbs are removable. someone on here will know????

cool thanks for the info. how do i go about reprogramming the windows? is there anything else i will need toprogram again if i disconnect the battery?

check handbook but i think you just hold the window switch down a few secs for each window. make sure you have radio code too.