Short shift fitted

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Fitted my new short shift levet at the weekend, 35% reduced throw, feels really good and paid onyl £30 for the whole kit!!!!

Dont you just love Ebay!!

The instructions the guy sent were for the B&M kit it had the exact same components and went together a dream no problems or bad fitting components no probs at all

Exactly drove my mates car today with normal throw, felt like a mile LOL

Biglockie said:
Fitted my new short shift levet at the weekend, 35% reduced throw, feels really good and paid onyl £30 for the whole kit!!!!

Hi,
Do you have the guy's seller ID or a link for them? Cheers.

Yeah, his ID is tarmaceater its a shop hes got the kit is good the only recommendation on fitting is clean the hole the reverse stop fits into with a drill bit but be careful not to widen it, the lever has been chromed after the hole has been drilled to spec. so its very tight.

you'll know what i mean when you see the instructions LOL

Thanks guys i wouldnt have thought of fitting a quick shift but i remember when i drove an RS4 on my 40th that had a quick shift fitted, i got used to the gear change very quickly i can tell you, i remember the feeling when i got in my car, yes i'm going to get one now. Cheers

Just had a look, looks like a bargain and a useful bit of kit.

I like the smooth gearchange on the A4 but the throw could do with being a bit shorter.

How easy are they to fit Lockie???

Really easy Smitch the guy will send a copy of the B&M fitting instructions, which are really good.

If you've got any mechanical nonce you'll be fine mate just folow the instructions.

Put in a bid on one already! :arco:

Cool if you go to his shop he had some for buy now.:rock:

I have a Quattro with the HCF gearbox, will it fit mine, how long does it take?

Check the his shop on ebay, tarmaceater, is his ebay name the lever will fit a4 and passat models with 5 or six speed boxes

Nightmare, dude has he nothing else in the shop??

pull out the lever complete, where the right angled hinge is at the bottom of the lever you'll see a bolt attaching the hinge to the bottom of the lever, just redrill the hole lower down the lever then run a die nut down the threads to extend them and lop 35mm off the top, takes about an hour (or the same as fitting a kit)

bonus is you retain the nice compliant feel of the standard Audi kit but reduce the throw, bargain for the princely sum of sod all

How do you get the lever out and how do you get the knob off??

dude pm me your email and i'll send a copy of the instructions over to ya

snoop said:
what was the first?, im tempted to fit one now with all this hype. would complement my snub mount.

My first is the coilovers mate.lol

Go for it, well worth the few quid they cost
Mark

Fitted the ebay one 4 months ago - still working fine. and a great mod!
You do notice how stiff second is when cold. Anyone tried any gearbox oil additives? any suggestions?
Also i had thought about shortening standard lever, then spent the money on a kit cos i thought they(the kits) kept the same height as the standard leaver, acheiving short shift by moving the pivot point. I was a bit disappointed that the ebay kit did result in a shorter lever, for for £30-£40 a good buy.

sun and kath said:
You do notice how stiff second is when cold

Sorry, a little off topic but has anyone else had this? I was starting to think (and it probably is anyway knowing my luck) my 'box was bolloxed. I'm glad someone else has a similar problem. Sorry, that doesn't read right - I'm glad I'm not on my own. Oh sod it - ya know what I mean!

Been thinking about one of the shift kits too - has it eased the 2nd problem any?

Swepco gearbox oil is the best, it's not cheap but i used that in my old 911 which had the 915 gearbox and it sorted that right out and they're a bitch of a gearbox.

Just Google and you'll find a supplier in the UK.

Joost - fitting the short shifter makes the problem more noticeable NOT better. but once warm the shift is fine - indeed miles ahead of standard.

Thanks for the tip smitch - I'll add some swepco to my list.