IHI Turbo

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
Guys just got an IHI at bargain price, need a manifold to fit it, I know its an old aged question, but would it be easier to get on custom made???

Or are there any suppliers you guys have used and would recommend???

nice one

Chris

b5 chassis? no manifolds exist. any IHI manis in the UK are for A3 platform VAg transverse cars and will have you turbo upside down with the exhaust pointing forward.
just had some flanges cut and am about to have one welded up. 316 stainless steels tubular runners, equal length, mounted turbo on top....couls have another made up if you are interested.

BTW ....how much did you pay for the IHI? VF34?

£250 dude its from an 02 STI covered 42,000.

yeah I'm defo interested, its a B5 chassis.

You got any pics of the work??? Oh any price fella.

chris

Think its either a VF30 or my suspision is thats its a VF35. Haven't actually got the turbo yet its still on my mates scoobie, so I'll find otu ASAP

VF34 was standard on STI from 200 IIRC.

check out the following link

CIMG0005.jpg

316 grade 1.5" OD Stainless tubing, I am also toying with the idea of larger tubing (around 1.75") but the smaller tubing will make it spool up lower down the range and I am not looking for nutty power. Just 350ish.... [;)]

CIMG0021.jpg

10mm laser cut 304 stainless flanges for head, turbo and exhaust.

Bends and pipes work will be about £80, welding I expect to be around £150 and the flanges were £100.
All in I hope to have it done for around £300-350
will look something like this:

fullracemani.jpg

That is a "Full Race" mani (robotically tig welded) retails at over $1000.
Not planning on the wastegate tube for the obvious reason

will let you know how I get on.

sorry, pics are a liitle small.......

DUDE!!!! that looks sweet defo keep me posted I'm looking towards the 275bhp, need to keep it driveable due to the issus using it to

I'm very intersted in the manifold, again with no external wastegate pipe.

do keep me posted!!

IHI should easily see you over 300... I ran an IHI in my corrado and that made 340 only limited by the fuel pump not quite being strong enough.

it'll do over 400 if you want it to! few people have problems with really tuned IHI's over 330-350bhp, they melt as well so I am told!
but I am sticking with 1.5" OD mani tubing to get the spool up earlier at the expense of top end flow and big numbers.
It's going on a new 2l bottom eventually so it should nice and torquey off boost

Sounds good I'm only looking for 300 tops my missus drives the car too, with our little un in.

Where did you get the flanges cut??

there is a guy in our town who builds custom exhausts, he's really good, If I can ge tthe templates I can possibly get him to build some.