The old K04 question again.

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Right we all know that s3 and tt K04 turbs wont fit.

But exactly how difficult would it be to make them fit?

Surely they cant be soo different that it would be impossible to adapt one to fit? With hoses and other pipe work.

Reason being is that they are pretty easy to get hold of and i want to see what would be need (if possible) to get it to fit?

ok, my 2cents, housings are different, quite a bit different as for internals i dunno, but would think so. its gota be easier to get the proper job, $750 from rippinralf from audizine.

How about a Quad conversion? and Monster truck wheels! PHarrrrr

internal are the same it is just the compressor layout to take into account the packaging required in a transverse S3/GTi/1.8t etc

could be done. anything can be done, time and effort probably aren;t worth it when you can get one for $750

Does anyone have any pics of one of each. As surely if it fits onto the manifold then its just a case of a couple of hoses and oil lines?

As far as i know that K04-15 is not as tuneable as the K04 used on S3's and TT's hence looking if it is possible to fit one.

the connections on the k04 are in the wrong place to use with a stock manifold. probably would be in the way of the engine block as the manifold is really short on the transverse, not sure.

i think the k04-015 which is an upgrade for the tranverse, uses a modifield k03/ko3s housing and a k04 compressor wheel?

to be honest i think a cheapish solution would be to get a garrett t3 compatable manifold and put a t3 on there, they are two a penny second hand, and i think you can later goto a GT series as i think the mounts are the same.

the real cost involved in going larger turbo is the mapping and the injectors, the cost of the turbo stuff is only half of it.

shineydave said:
and Graham falls into the classic trap of assuming everyone has an S4, lol

they don't? LOL

I really though he was looking for non 2.7tt K04s for his S4. Doh.

Well there you go. Wrong again!

GSB1 said:
they don't? LOL

I really though he was looking for non 2.7tt K04s for his S4. Doh.

Well there you go. Wrong again!

S4 I wish!

Here are pics of the A4 K04 next to a K03s.

Both1.jpg

Also here is the rear of both first K03s then K04

K03srear.jpg

K04rear.jpg

macca said:
i think the k04-015 which is an upgrade for the tranverse, uses a modifield k03/ko3s housing and a k04 compressor wheel?

K04-15 A4/passat
k04-23 a3/tt and the like

sorry meant longitudal not tranverse, i really musn't post while i'm at work doing other things, sorry.

Garrett T3, ebay. used on cossies and other cars i think, i'm a little brain dead today so can't be more accurate i'm afraid. Also ATP elimanator series worth a try.

Where do you get the exhuast flange adapters for A4 fitment to T3?

get a new manifold