removing the battery

205man

Reaction score
my car sometimes steams up inside when its raining mainly, so i was guessing that there maybe muck block the drian under the battery etc.

but before i disconnect battery is there anything to be aware of before i start.

its not going to effect the car disconnecting it is it?

i have the radio code is there anything else?

alan

Not at all, the only thing i will say, after reconnecting the battery, switch on the ignition without starting the car for a min to allign the throttle body first, job done

once-touch windows up will need re-programming too, but thats not difficult.

hold the window up button till its all the way up, and it cuts out. Same for both sides.

madvw said:
hold the window up button till its all the way up, and it cuts out. Same for both sides.

Just double press the up button quickly and you’re done.

Also you will need the code for your stereo when you turn it back on.

When I replaced my battery with a Bosch one, it was much smaller, so I had to get a different sort of clamp from the dealer. The old battery, which was the original one from the factory, was huge so it had this L-shaped clamp. I got this smaller clamp which I believe is used on petrol models (mine is a diesel) - put I just went to the dealer and he found the part on ETOS.

If you are having steaming-up or smell issues you should also replace the pollen filter and spray some anti-bacterial spray in the air-con.

And watch you don't drop the battery on your engine ;)