dump valves

slinky

Reaction score
hello everyone, i own a gorgeous 96 1.8t thats chipped and is stupendously rapid, but i added a bailey dump valve (not recurc, whoosh type,) and now my insurance company refuses to insure me.) i need to put the old one back one..... I personally think i have less lag with the current one although i feel the throttle response is at least half a second slower!! does anyone agree? and does anyone know how to change it back to the old dump valve?? its such a pain in the ****, i wish they would just accept a premium.. ****** insurance!!!

thanks dave.

or you could have forgot to tell them lol, what they dont know doesnt hurt lol

im surprised they refuse to insure you just because of a dump valve, ive never had that problem in the past with any turbo car ive owned (when ive told them).

alan

you should be using a re-circ because your engine is looking for the charged air to be put back into the intake and matching the correct amount of fuel for it. If the air isnt there, your gonna be running rich my friend

they wont insure me because although the bosch oe diverter valve is a factory fitted part, the bailey one is 'a non standard part'. And as they claim to give better performance the insurance company flap like hell. i wont tell them about the engine chip.....

i didnt think that a dump vavle on its own was really a performance mod, for it to be of any real use other mods have to be done to the car

Ive not long fitted a turbosmart duel port dump valve and ive not really noticed any performance increase but quite sure im going through more fuel. Never a good thing!
Not bothering to tell any insurance folk tho!