Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Milltek for S4.

6th Gear

Status

Milltek for S4.

http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.de...eferenceID=374

Dual or single?

Does anybody know the pros and cons for each? They seem to be the same price.

Is there a cheaper place to get them than AMD?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Apparently the dual will offer better flow as the crossectional area is greater. I have a single and it is fine for me, but I will be upgrading soon... and selling the miltek.
    Facelift Imola S4 | Custom: K04's, Tubular Manifolds, 3" DPs-> 2.75" Catback | FMIC | H&R Coilovers + ARB's | Brembo 8-Pots | SS + DTS | 503HP/475lbs/ft | 1800W RMS

Sold: Audi A4 (B5) 2.8 Quattro | Ivory Pearl
    Melted: Corrado - IHI 1.8 20vT: 343BHP

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroK66
    Apparently the dual will offer better flow as the crossectional area is greater. I have a single and it is fine for me, but I will be upgrading soon... and selling the miltek.
    if u are going for big power and still want miltek, then get an rs4 one much more flow
    noggy blue S4, hybrid turbo's, 470 bhp, and lots of bits, audi-sport. net sticker

1st Gear

Status
    I had an interesting chat with a guy from Miltek at Audi Inters the year before last. I asked him the very same question and he said the single system is the one to go for. Apparently the only reason they produced the dual is because they were "put under pressure" by the Americans in order to compete with rivals in the US market.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroK66
    Bugger!!! I would've had it off you if it'd been for an Avant

Is the centre section the same?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarrey
    I had an interesting chat with a guy from Miltek at Audi Inters the year before last. I asked him the very same question and he said the single system is the one to go for. Apparently the only reason they produced the dual is because they were "put under pressure" by the Americans in order to compete with rivals in the US market.
    Hmmmm..........interesting

Thought it might be something along those lines.

Many thanks for the replies BTW peeps

1st Gear

Status
    hmmm, well Minhea at MRC has tuned Many S4s and hes says dual every time.... the overall diameter is far more and on a turbo car the more you can get out the better..... If you interested I had a custom dual made for 495 inc vat and fitting, I posted details here.....
    S4 Tuning Road Trip

I would say miltek probably make more on the single and have less fitting problems!!
    Cheers.
    Mark.

2.7T S4, A3 Tdi 110, Polo G40...

6th Gear

Status
    Would the dual one 'boom' more I wonder? I don't want this car to be too loud.

How much was your custom one BTW?