symphony stereo - cd text??

205man

Reaction score
ive got a symphony stereo fitted in my car, and i know it can display station name etc, but can it display cd text?? eg name of artist/cd like some discs have that information burned onto them / or if i burned it? ive looked in user manual and cant see anything, so am i right in guessing it cant?

also i fitted to my stereo a connects to cd changer converter which allows me to use my sony multi changer (which was only few months old) with the factory head unit. the thing i didnt consider was that my mulit changer has 10 discs and the factory had unit only has 6 buttons to select relevant disc, im guessing theres no way of using all 10 disc slots so have to make do with the 6 unless anyone know way of getting round it.

so do all audi multi changers only have 6 disc?

and the connects to kit is great and far cheaper than buying new audi changer

alan

No only the latest Symphony III and Concert III HU's support CD text, and only on MP3 CD's. Normal Audio CD-R's do not support any form of text anyway, but some HU's do allow you to enter an album name which it then links to the ID of the Audio CD, but that's as far as it goes.
the only way to reach the 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th discs is to let the 6th disc finish and it should then pick up the 7th automatically.

Actually, it is possible to store artist, album and track details on normal audio CD's. It's something that has varying support, mostly on high-end aftermarket head units and hifi CD players. Very few commercially released albums have the track names stored on the CD though, which I've always been frustrated by.

More info: http://web.ncf.ca/aa571/cdtext.htm

When burning CD's I ALWAYS use CD-TEXT, saves printing a cover or guessing the name of a song! I have done this since I first got NERO about 6 years ago.

i use cd text all the time as well, but just wondered if it was possible tomake it appear on the syphony headunit, as my sony one in my last car allowed you to display or turn it off, so hoped maybe could do same with the audi one

alan