My A4 beeps and beeps

jxm96c

Reaction score
Website
www.drmong.plus.com
Hi, my 2000 A4 1.8 T Quattro is making some beeps (4 short beeps) at engine start, not all the time but mostly first time in the morning. I don't see any warning sign on the dash nor is the passengers airbag disabled. It sounds as
if it was coming from the left or even outside (can't really tell as I'm usually starting in the garage in the morning and you know how great (I mean it, not being sarcastic, it's perfect as we Audi owners all agree) the
acoustic is in the A4, you can never tell which direction it's coming from, which isn't always a good thing apparently... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Is it something I should worry about? Has anyone come across this, or is it something to do with the alarm system or something? I bought this car from Alexandar Audi in Huddersfield last month, so I'd like to know if it's something likely to be covered by the Approved Used Car warranty.

Thanks, Jules

Jules

Join the club - mine does this, there are a few other members who have reported the same - there are a few threads on this issue. It is the alarm sounder, but no-one seems to know what it means, including Audi dealers. Mine hasn't done it for a month but sometimes it does it every other morning..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But I suppose if the car starts fine and the alarm doesn't go off out of the blue then maybe we can just ignore it. It's not annoying, just worrying if there's something wrong and that I shouldn't drive it, but if it's a common thing then I'll rest easy. Thanks for your help! Good weekend guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I hope that doesn't happen to my A4... Audis have so many sensors and stuff, too many to diagnos problems...