CROSS FINGERS - I get my car back with interest this w/e!!! 500HP :o

ZeroK66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well I have been patiently waiting for this weekend... I have had work carried out by MRC following a turbo packing up.

What I am having done is very similar to this:

http://www.mrctuning.com/mrc530.php

Estimated between 470 & 520 depending on how well my exhast flows... this is the ONLY limiter left in the system.

CROSS FINGERS & pray for me. This weekend could be out of this world!

Bout time to!! We'll have to get together over the festive period so that I can check out what those extra 100 horses feels like

Will be amazing nodoubt.

I expect a full write up and some vids!! Both outside the car so we can hear what it sounds like and one inside to watch the speed!!

wow, 505ft lbs yes please. will pull like a train, defo lots of video action required. you are very lucky indeed.

Well they hope to remap this weekend... and then finishing touches early next week. So I wont get it till Wed. To be honest I am too excited to be upset that I wont get it this weekend :woot:

Some taster pics... notice the custom manifolds ceramic coated + the LARGE custom intake pipes along wtih the RS4 Y-pipe

DSCN1078.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

Well the great guys at MRC are working late tonight - just got this pic sent over:

DSCN1084.jpg

This shows the FMIC lovely! They hope to have it running tonight and mapped tomorrow. I can then pick it up around mid-week!

Good question - one I cant answer. I would have thought larger = more space to compress before turbos start offering boost. But I think these pipes are good to flow 700BHP so if they were smaller they may well be a limiter.

Well I should be driving her right now... but MRC went to fit the brakes yesterday night and found that the RS4 disks & RS6 callipers do not fit under my wheels. Now they are trying t source some RS6+ disks which have a more recessed offset. What a nightmare, I wish this had been done while they were waiting on parts for the first 2-3 weeks! GRRR, anyway, ce la vie... cross fingers I have some possitive news tomorrow.

Who needs brakes!! ha!
Just kidding better all done properly.

What offset are your wheels? I thought the CH's had good clearance as well. Especially 19s!!

Yeah they got adapters... they are expecting the discs in in the next 30 min... then I can have the car around 3. God this is sooo tense!! Everything better go perfect from here on!!

Watch this space. Lets hope I have a merry Christmas.

cool man, just go steady when you get here back the roads are still slippery as ****, and its foggy here. enjoy but be carefull.

Crank indeed... their own car does 511 on a dyno (390-399) at the wheels.

Car has been collected by my brother, but he is taking it easy and bringing it down to me tomorrow. FATS time is 3.6s with my large audio install and 19" wheels which I think is pretty damn respectable... but we shall see.

More news in the next couple days...

wow looking good i'm quite interested in those custom pipes...

ZeroK66 said:
Crank indeed... their own car does 511 on a dyno (390-399) at the wheels.

Car has been collected by my brother, but he is taking it easy and bringing it down to me tomorrow. FATS time is 3.6s with my large audio install and 19" wheels which I think is pretty damn respectable... but we shall see.

More news in the next couple days...

Blimey, so your brother gets to drive it before you!!
Glad you will have it for xmas and the FATS time is impressive.

Do you reckon you will have anytime of xmas for a meet? Would love to see the car in the flesh.

well with a fats time of 3.6 that means i am over 450HP... which is great - now all I need are the downpipes & race cats... quick remap and I should get pretty close to the 500!! The car is as driveable off boost as before... and it spools really quick. There are teething issues, which I should get sorted pretty soon. Gave the car some whelly tonight for the first time by myself and WHOSHHH... its got the whallop of a turbo car along with the constant redline pull of an NA car... just what I always wanted. So far I am happy... watch this space.

PM me re: meeting up...

From the audiworld site; 'FATS means For Advancement of The S, and a FATS time is a 3rd gear pull from ~4200 to ~6500rpm (60-90)'.

Unfortunately current FATS results have not been great (4.1s) and indicate only around 400HP... but it is early days yet, so watch this space. Jan/Feb I will sort out the exhaust and have it mapped again - this should release the final numbers and I hope to drop a second off my FATS time and get closer to the 500HP :)

After a dissapointing result when I first got the car back due to the restrictive downpipes, I have finally had a fully custom exhaust system made up by RS Fabrications near MRC in Banbury. These guys are absolute gods and make top top notch plumbing.

They put together a custom made 3" downpipe leading into a 2.75" catback system with a single box. Noise at WOT is 103dB - and it has been described as an old racing jag that revs really really high, and my oh my it does! Sounds absolutely gorgeous.

Pics of exhaust:

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1213.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

MRC were so impressed with the work by RS Fabrications they had a replica of the system on one of their own cars and are having a custom system fitted to their 600+HP S2.

I had the car on a dyno before and after the exhaust & remap was done - results here:

P1020116.jpg

502HP - MRC did it, great work. There are a few dips in the power curve that I hope to have ironed out. The dip in power over 6k seems to be due to heat soak... it seems to pickup at 6k on the road, so I hope there are a few more ponies in real life.

lol... he had some hooch in the car lol. I will make sure when I get some vids up my car is free of bottles :p

After a few attempts I managed a 12.57 1/4 @ 119MPH and 0-60 in 4.44. I think I can knock about .5 of a sec off that time with some practice, not bad as I was aiming for a 11-12 sec car :D