tyre and audio help needed on 1.8T Quattro Sport

ScottMc

Reaction score
hi folks,

i've got a 2000 (W-Reg) 1.8T Quattro Sport and need to replace all 4 of the tyres as they are pretty low.

It has the standard 17" multispoke wheels on it at the moment fitted with Kumho 225/40/17 tyres.

this size seems quite uncommon and i'm having trouble tracking down a decent tyre at a decent price. is 225/40 definitely the correct size for this car? i can't find anything in the owners manual that tells me.

would ideally like some Goodyear Eagle F1's as i had these on my last car and they were superb.

also - the concert tape head unit/changer combo is terrible and one of the standard speakers sounds blown. has anyone done a successful upgrade to aftermarket head unit and speakers? I've heard horror stories about constant buzzing due to interference with the airbag??!
any tips?

hope someone can help!

Try mytyres.co.uk for the tyres.

For the head unit you will need to buy a fitting kit from Auto leads.

-you need an ISO adpater
-facia adapter
-ariel convertor.

Loads of places do the stuff but it is worth searching about for a good price.

Scott,
You'll be glad to know that is the wrong tyre size. It should be 225/45 R17 which loads of manufacturers do including the Goodyear F1

John

Toyo T1R's arent bad either, i ran them on my bravo for ages good wearing and awesome in the wet.