Washer bottle leak.

Faulty

~~~~~~
Reaction score
When i purchased my A4 the light for low water on my windscreen water bottle was on. Not thinking anything of it, i went to fill the bottle only to find the water pours on the ground. I found a hole lined with rubber that its flowing from 3/4 of the way down the side of the bottle.
Can anyone help me as to what is ment to be in the hole?
It still pumps to the washers but doesnt hold much water.

Thats what i thought but wouldnt that be closer to the bottom of the bottle? There is a plug type thing abit lower and to the left of it which i thought was the sensor.
Could well be the sensor tho

The sensor is higher up so that you still have a decent bit left in the washer bottle tank, and dont run out.

did you look at the diagram? the diagram shows a rubber sheathed hole as described in the original post. there's only 2 openings in the bottle, one for the pump and one for the sensor. since the pump is at the bottom the process of elimination leaves the sensor, in anycase it's 3/4 of the way down the bottle which would leave a decent reserve or am i missing something?

Sorry for the delay in replying there.

I checked the diagram and i think your right about it being the sensor. God knows how thats disappeared and where its gone!
Kinda feel stupid asking the question in the first place as my thoughts were towards the sensor.

Thanks for that and i shall start sourcing a replacement.