Leather seats...will they fit??

mjc23

Reaction score
Hi, ive been offered a really nice set of leather seats and door cards, but they come form an 04 Reg Quattro Sport Avant. Will they fit a 2000 B5 avant?

Thanks, Matt

I believe with some custom work the seats can be made to fit, but the door cards will deffo not fit.

And in custom , i mean welding of brackets etc

Someone on here has fitted B6 S4 seats into their B5 A4, and they really look like they were fitted from the factory! You would probably have to look at retrimming the door cards, as the B6 door cards will not fit.

Thanks for both the replies. Do you know the name of the guy who has fitted the B6 seats into the B5? I can also get my hands on some A8 heated leather seats and door cards from a 1996 A8 from a nearby breaker. He wants £500 for the seats and cards, they're black recaro leather, is this a good deal? Plus does anyone know if either would fit either from the A8 or the 2004 A4? Thanks again, Matt

That is a good deal but considering the work involved to get them to fir the B5 I'd wait for the real thing. The B5 seats slide on rails welded to the floor of the car. B6 seats have the rails integrated in the seat and these bolt to the floor of the car. This is a major welding job to take the runners from the B5 seats and weld them to the B6 seats. This will also oid your insurance if anyone was ever injured in the car and the seats came away in an accident. Also you nee to butcher the stock interior so you then can't sell it on.
I got black half leather/half alcantara with door cards for £400 on ebay and sold the stock interior for £100, so it's worth waiting for the right interior at the right price.