vag-com

205man

Reaction score
ive managed to get hold of a copy of vag-com but need to get the cable to connect it to my car.
ive looked at ebay etc and there appears to be loads but which lead do i need???

my car is a 1999 2.8 quattro auto, it a facelft model, i just need to know the cable

the version ive got is version 409-1

can some one help me with cable etc, i need to swithc the airbag light off

i moved the seats yesterday and both passenger and drivers

(driver up and forward passenger down and back) and since then the light came on, ive read on here can be a common fault with seat airbag connectors so ive had a look and drivers was together properly.

also read on here that only way to reset light is by using vagcom.

i rang the dealer today and it will cost me £57 all in to have tham plug my car in and turn it off

alan

yes sorry didnt make it clear, i do only want to reset fault code to turn light of not the actual airbags off.

so vagcom will do that then, ive had a look at it and it doesnt seem that complicated to use, i just need to get the correct lead now

alan

Alan,

Do a search on Ebay for the seller Alpha_bid, he sells quite a few of them. I have had 2 of them from him, a serial one several years ago and I have just purchased a USB one from him as I haev replaced my laptop and the new one does not have a serial connection!
His advert is quite clear on which version VAG-COM works with his lead. They cost about £20 inc P&P from Canada/USA. You should get away without paying the import duty.
The shareware version of VAG-COM will reset teh AirBag light.
Try using contact cleaner on the contacts under the drivers seat as they are prone to 'High Resistance' problems as earlier cars do not use gold plated contacts on the connectors.
Jim.

wahey what a result!!!!

i was working from home today so my gfriend took my car to get to work, and whilst she had the car she decided to po it round to the garage that services her company vehicles, to see if they could turn off airbag light, and they did and it cost the grand amount of £0.00000000

they did it for free as a favour for the buisnees her company put their way, much better than the £57 for the dealer to do it

alan

That was handy then!

Anyone have any idea as to why my airbag light comes on for a while on cold mornings, it's stays of for 30 secs or so then flickers and eventually goes out?