Help please..

Moynas A4

Reaction score
Ive got the 1.8t quattro sport, now the colder days are here the heaters are being used more... im finding when i put the heaters on i get a big surge down in power?? drops well below 1k revs when at a stand still!:blink:

Is it a battery/alternator problem??

Also when cornering roundabouts hard im getting a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car, think it might be the speaker/rear shelf but not sure... sounds more like the suspension but the set up on these looks proper funky and dont no what id be looking for!!

Any suggestion.... top mounts etc??

Thanks other than that the cars really cool compared to my old Gti polo!!

if its got climate control it prob will dip the revs when turned on because the aircon compressor starts up and loads the engine a little. try it with the 'econ' button pressed, it turns the compressor off.

The compessor will come on until around 3 to 5 degrees,i have once only seen mine switch off due to temp this winter. I recon you have worn brushes in the fan motor drawing more current than spec to turn it, and it may be worth getting a battery test too

Batterys some old halfrauds job so i think i might change that and see what happens!

Wanna try all the cheapo options first!!