aero wiper upgrades

tracer

'96 a4 1.8 se
Reaction score
got some valeo aero wiper upgrades from wiperblades.co.uk. arrived next day. there is a small tab which clips in once the wiper is in place. when fitting them i found that this latched ok when fitting the wiper but once i pushed the arm back down onto the windscreen it popped out again. even worse on the way to work it flipped right open.

called the number on the website and explained the problem. i suggested that i was interested in trying the bosch aero wipers to see if they would fit ok. the guy agreed and said he would send out a set to try. again they arrived next day, fitted them and they are much better. the coupling/catch is much firmer.

nice to see such great service, highly recommended. :beerchug:

valeos........
DSC00830.jpg

on the bosch ones you have to really press here to get the catch open.....
DSC00828.jpg

like so....
DSC00829.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

Good post, I will be ordering a set today, did a 400 mile trip at the weekend and my passenger one developed a very annoying noise on the way, plus my driver's one is streaking now. Not much worse than crap wipers!
Have you got a pic from a bit further back so I can see what they look like on the original arms, as I was thinking of the full kit, but for more than twice the cash had been considering these too.

no probs, will get more pics for you mate, but if you are thinking along these lines then you should go for the full kit. the standard arms look ok from further back, but its when looking out from the inside of the car that they become more prominent, they come up and over the blades, whereas the new arms are hidden completely from what i've seen.

Yeah, decided to go for them anyway, can't argue with that really, a normal Bosch pair work out nearly the same from Halfords, think I paid £14 for one spoiler one last year actually, after some little gits interfered with the car outside, kicking the door and snapping the blade apart GRR!

They look OK. More bothered about being able to see properly really anyway, plus I don't get to see the car much in the daylight lately.
See you have the dreaded tax renewal in Jan also! Blub.

yeah, tax and mot come in a oner i'm afraid, wife is in for her driving test today so we'll need new insurance coz i went for cheapy swiftcover.com last time and they won't add her to policy , will be choosing much more carefully this time, even if it means paying a bit more.

Well mine arrived today - nice one www.wiperblades.co.uk! and i've just fitted them. Excellent improvement even over Bosch conventional ones. Want it to rain properly now so I can use them! LOL.
Silent in operation and the actual blades are hidden on mine, can only see the larger mounting stick up from the arm. Think the facelift arms look a slightly different shape to the ones on yours tracer. Cheers for the tip btw well happy with £28 delivered.

Yeah well worth the money. The guys we used are excellent, mine arrived in less than 24 hrs.

GSF sell bosch ones that are curved. They fit straight on as well. £14 iirc

www.wiperblades.co.uk is dynamic website, so direct linking is a bit tricky. They're easy enough to find though. The GSF ones ar'nt aero wipers just 'normal' ones which are curved to better fit the screen (the wipers curve in two directions if that makes sense).

Ahh, was looking at a different site.

www.wiperbaldes.co.uk is much easier to navigate.

Was about to order for the B5 and the MKIV Golf, then read on UK-MKIVs some real mixed reviews of areo wipers and decided I'm probably better off as I am!

I am only interested for performance, not looks.

GSB1 said:
I am only interested for performance, not looks.

Trust me, so am I, not taken on the looks particularly mate, but they are by far the best i've bought on any car in the last 10 years. Although yet to test at speed in the rain, but I soon will, looks like it's about to $la$h it down here.

ventured into hellfrauds today, saw the same bosch upgrade kit for about the same price, but no delivery of course. they will even fit them for you at a cost of £2.99 lol, those guys crack me up like. do you think they will try and make it look complicated when they fit it so as not to give the game away.

takes like 30 seconds ***.

Fitted the Valeo ones recently.
Had no problem fitting them, done in about 2 minutes.
By far the best performing wipers I've had in years.
They sound quieter than normal blades and clear the water alot more efficiently.
As for Halfords charging money to fit them, anyone with an ounce of common sense can see how they slide over the hook on the end of the wiper arm.
If someone asks me to fit some wiper blades I've just sold them in my shop I'll do it for nothing - just good customer service (although the kind ones sometimes tip you enough for a pint!).

tracer said:
ventured into hellfrauds today, saw the same bosch upgrade kit for about the same price, but no delivery of course. they will even fit them for you at a cost of £2.99 lol, those guys crack me up like. do you think they will try and make it look complicated when they fit it so as not to give the game away.

takes like 30 seconds ***.

Bosch Areo wipers to fit standard arms in Halfords?

Checked mine and couldn't see them. Good if they do stock them though.