Anybody own a 96-01 B5 Avant with a Genuine accessory dog-guard?

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
Just bought on Ebay a Genuine accessory dog-guard for my '99 B5 Avant and would just like confirmation that it is the right model for my car!

Here is a pic

2a_1.JPG

My question is this, it fits (seemingly) perfectly but the large tab on each side with the elongated slot does not latch onto anything on the car, the guard is just held in place by the locking action of the seat backrests.
I have seen other auctions of guards supposedly for the 96-01 B5 Avant and some of them have had a right-angled return on the large 'tab', as if to hook on to the seat backrest locking pin........
I'm wondering if Audi changed the design as the years progressed (perhaps mine is the earlier design?) , or my guard isn't for a B5 Avant after all!!!
It has a sticker with 'Genuine Parts 861-VAG-592 HV' if that helps.
Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has such a guard to confirm whether I've bought the right item or not!

Many thanks!

Paul

Looks like mine dude, but I know nothing of their finer details/fittings :) (I don't have adog BTW LOL!!).

audi7.jpg

Dan Gliballs said:
Looks like mine dude, but I know nothing of their finer details/fittings :) (I don't have adog BTW LOL!!).

audi7.jpg

Cheers Dan,
So it has the same large tab on each side with just a slot in it then? If so I can relax!
I don't have a dog either, Lol!
Thought it would be a handy thing to have when carrying bulky objects around!
Just took a pic of it fitted to show that it doesn't hook/latch onto anything;

dog001.jpg

Is this like yours?

dog002.jpg

Thanks!

Paul