Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: Patrick....

Status

Patrick....

Did I hear you were fitting the APR centre vent boost gauge? If so, how is it (both the fitting and final result). Interested in such a gauge now that APR have fettled my car.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Patrick....

Hi David,

Yes I heard you were now enjoying a bit of extra roost.

I got the gauge of Jim at Star. I haven't got round to fitting it yet. I might be looking to upgrade to an RS4 and I've got a few minor things to get my car in shape for selling before I even consider whether I will fit the boost gauge.

It took Jim 2 months to supply! I should say I didn't push him but I'm very impressed with the quality of the replacement pod. My only criticism of the gauge is that I'd have liked it to have had a peek hold as one of the reasons I bought it was due to an odd problem I've had in the past was an "intermittent
    boost pressure exceeded error" from VAG COM which sent my car into limp every 3 months or so. I simply flicked the ignition on the move and the ECU would give me full boost again.

I was sure it was related to the Hyperboost DV's which I've never been very happy with. The lag between shifts is quite noticeable, the very thing they are designed and sold as preventing over the stock Bosch. Hhmm.. Trades description act comes to mind, two of those babies are not cheap...

Anyway, it's a good looking gauge and pod with back light unlike what was stated elsewhere with all the goodies to fit it.

However, if I had the new style dash without the analogue clock I'd be tempted to go for either the LED one that runs round the rev counter or a digi unit which fits in place of the cup holder which is also a turbo timer and has peek boost hold features. But all of these are about another 100 more expensive than 130 APR one. You get what you pay for..

Status

Oh well, if you do go all RS, at least you can fit it there, if not there is a certain red S4 that might buy it off you if the RS goes digital...

1st Gear

Status

Well your more than welcome to it David.

However, it may take me as long as a month or so decide what I'm doing. Ma heed is up ma erse right now with work. Looks like an all nighter coming off to meet a deadline for tomorrow!