Eibach Pro-Kit

mykaloon

Reaction score
Hi

I've seen a set of Eibach springs on ebay which I'm thinking about as a replacement/upgrade to my current 1998 A4 Avant 1.8. After reading the other post on the forum re. S4 shocks/springs it seems that fitting springs made for a heavier car to my current set-up would most probably increase the ride height of my car, which obviously I don't want to do...I'm trying to go the other way.....

At the moment I've got stock non-sport shocks and springs.

Anyway, the Eibach springs available are listed as Eibach part# EI1539.140 which after a quick check on their site lists these for the following;

1.8 quattro, 1.8 T quattro, 1.9 TDI quattro 01.96 - 09.01 - individual spring refs being EW 1532001 VA and EW 1538002 HA - lowering ride height by 30mm. Front axle load is listed as 1055 kg and rear 1115 kg.

Mine being a non-quattro is a bit lighter and shows an axle load of 1045kg to the rear and the front is listed as having a 955kg axle load - this will no doubt mean that the car won't sit as low as it should on these springs given the reduced load - any clues or an educated guess as to how much this would show on the car if I was to fit them? Would this cause any imbalance in the set-up - I could live with a few mm difference.....

Any help would be appreciated!

how the hell is front axle load lower than rear? that just doesn't make sense, have you got dead bodies in the boot?