AH FabricationsChris Nott
    One Ate Tea

Status

Simota Carbon Induction kit

Alright, i bought a carbon induction kit off here last week (cheers Beezo) I knew it was going to be a pain to fit as i had seen some writeups on here, but i never thought it would be as bad as it turned out to be.

Beezo had already filed out the hole to take the MAF but to my surprise the pipe is not deep enough to house the maf anyway

I thought about making a spacer for the maf flange but tbh I thought it looked rubbish anyway, the square on the top of it looks like a right home brew affair nor is it the right way round, i dont know how they dare sell the kit

a hacksaw a piece of 3 inch rubber pipe and 3 jubilee clips later and it looks to me how it should have been designed in the first place.

So in effect i cut up the only piece of the kit that i could not buy off the shelf or make myself, the tig welded ally bit, but i reckon its a lot neater now

I fitted the OE heatsheild back on by bending the top over in the vice and securing it with the screws that hold the pipe you see in the pictere

After all of that i was so glad that it sounds nice !

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Looks good. I made a spacer for mine and to be truthful your looks better....good job
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

6th Gear

Status
    That looks the dogs.

Must say i'm a massive fan of those A8 rims as well.
    S4.

Status
    looks sweet dude i know its a pain to fit but when its on it looks and sounds great

TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    Good to see it fitted, I must admit i never thought of trimming the pipe down. Looks nice neat and tidy.

4th Gear

Status
    looks good buddy, its funny how still they cannot make the kit right, i was lucky and had powerflow make me a custom setup to run my bmc.