Chris NottEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

h7 h/light bulbs

hi all, i just realised how poor my headlights are on low beam. not great on high beam but better, i lost my front fogs when i changed to 2 piece projector headlights and they helped a lot, miss them i do. =)
    so anyway i was looking at these bulbs they say filled with Xenon gas. are these for Xenons or normal headlights??
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-2000-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I THINK I JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION.

Are your bulbs the same as the blue coloured powerful lights that I see on prestige cars?
    The headlights on prestige cars is a completely different lighting system called HID (High Intensity Discharge) Xenon. This system is extremely complex and costs in excess of 700 on a new vehicle. Our lamps deliver extra light output for a fraction of the cost! They are also filled with Xenon gas to give you as a driver a really crisp white light which is the optimum colour for the best and most comfortable night time driving.
    Last edited by Danielson; 18th November 2006 at 18:43.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    These are normal fitment H7's mate, they have a blue filter on them to raise the light temperature a bit. Also the Xenon gas thing is just the maunufacturer stating the inert gas used to full the lamp.

5th Gear

Status
    Have tried loads of bulbs, and to be truthful not found anything as good as PIAA yet. They are expensive but good. Cheapest place is http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/search.php?q=piaa
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2nd Gear

Status
    Snoop.

If you want to buy the best bulbs check out this link.
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...tests/archive/

Autoexpress tried all the bulbs and rated them. i changed the bulbs in my 80 to osram silverstars + 50 and it was a big improvement
    Enda1

96 S6 2.3T
    99 A6 1.8T SE
    93 80 2.0 (gone)
    93 Kawasaki ZZR600