S4 Suspension

mykaloon

Reaction score
I've got a 1998 A4 Avant 1.8 and was looking at replacing the suspension to lower the ride height a bit and stiffen things up a bit. I can get the stock suspension shocks and springs from a 2001 S4 2.7T (I think it's from a saloon).

My questions are;

1. Would these shocks/springs fit as a straight replacement on my A4?
2. Would the ride height be any lower?
3. Would I have to change anything else on my car after I've fitted them (if the answer to 1 is yes!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mykaloon

The front shocks will work, but the rear will not as the S4 is QUATTRO, also the springs are meant for a much heavier car so will probably lift it ,rather than lowering it.

There are shock and spring kits available for under £200, probably worth getting a matching kit.

I have some Eibach Pro springs available, but found they didnt lower my SE by much

mawhitey said:
The front shocks will work, but the rear will not as the S4 is QUATTRO, also the springs are meant for a much heavier car so will probably lift it ,rather than lowering it.

There are shock and spring kits available for under £200, probably worth getting a matching kit.

I have some Eibach Pro springs available, but found they didnt lower my SE by much

Thanks for the info mawhitey - are your Eibach springs for saloon or avant? - or would this matter - was looking at a set of Eibach springs on ebay last week and was tempted.....if you've got the part refs. for the front/rear springs - I'll check the eibach website and may come to a deal to get them off your hands!