Help needed quickly on wipers.

Reaction score
How did you guys get the linkage out of there??

I have undone the 3 bolts and taken the ECU cover off but there is no way on earth I can get this bitch out of there.

Been trying for the last hour to get it out but cant do it.

Have even tried unbolting the motor from the linkage but then can not get the spline out the middle or the rotator bit.

I have looked at the audiworld article but still cant get it out.

DSC00125-1.jpg

DSC00126-1.jpg

DSC00124-1.jpg

Cheers guys.

had the same problem. The linkage is held on ball joins. you have to carefully try and pry them off. Then all the linkage will move and you can take the whole thing inc the motor out in one go.....like I said before b very carefull when trying to pry the linkage ball joints apart though....good luck

Right i eventually got it out.

I took the motor off then got them both out.

One of the bronze bits at each end of the wiper linkage is seized solid.

Have soaked it in WD40 and it is still seized. So will take it to my mates garage on monday to see if he can free it off otherwise I will get another linkage.

Are they expensive new? And will the motor be damaged at all from the extra stress put on it because of this?

Cheers.

I bought one from the scrappy, but beware, if you get the motor and linkage, which you will as they will only sell the complete assy. The electrical plug connection is different on some years. When I bought mine they supplied the wrong one so I had to remove the motor from the linkage and use my old one with the new linkage........2 years on and no problems.

Right folks i have fixed it all.

I took the thing to bits and cleaned inside the bit where the wiper goes as the bronze bit was seized solid.