Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Project Plush

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Suffolk
    Posts
    689

    Changing a Fog bulb

    How do ya change a fog light bulb on my car?



    Cheers guys...
    Drizz Developments - Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    PhilR's Avatar
    One Ate Tea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    330
    front or rear ?

  4. #3
    Project Plush

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Suffolk
    Posts
    689
    OH yeah. Front LOL, i reckon rears should be easy enough!!
    Lovely wheels BTW
    Drizz Developments - Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport

  5. #4
    Project Plush

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Suffolk
    Posts
    689
    Anyone?
    Drizz Developments - Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport

  6. #5
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,520

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Easy, the little trims clip on,exposing 3 screws, undo those and the lamp will lift out, and roberts your mothers brother

  7. #6
    EnzoS4's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    200
    you say the rears should be easy...

    I used my fog lights maybe for the 1st time, and noticed the rear left was out, the right was OK. so off to Halfords, got a bulb and opened the rear panel only to find no bulb, installed the bulb all working. the problem was that the panel would not go back, the hole for the bulb was square (smaller than the bulb)...?

    is this correct.....? the left rear fog light can not be installed....?

  8. #7
    Project Plush

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Suffolk
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by mawhitey
    Easy, the little trims clip on,exposing 3 screws, undo those and the lamp will lift out, and roberts your mothers brother
    Yes i sussed it LOL, but they have had it, all rusty and corroded, but ive bought an S4 bumper now so need some fogs for those instead, as Audi wanted 100 per fog for current bumper!
    Drizz Developments - Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport

  9. #8
    Nessy's Avatar
    VW + Audi mad

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bridgend, South Wales
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoS4
    you say the rears should be easy...

    I used my fog lights maybe for the 1st time, and noticed the rear left was out, the right was OK. so off to Halfords, got a bulb and opened the rear panel only to find no bulb, installed the bulb all working. the problem was that the panel would not go back, the hole for the bulb was square (smaller than the bulb)...?

    is this correct.....? the left rear fog light can not be installed....?
    For quite a long time Audi (and I presume VW too) have only fitted 1 rear foglamp, to the offside on RHD vehicles, the logic being that with only 1 bright light at the rear it wont mask the brake lights that 2 rear fogs might.......
    My previous 2 Audis (an '86 80 and a '94 80 Avant) both had an empty part of the light cluster on the nearside, with no bulb-holders or silvering on the inside of the cluster.To fit a 2nd fog would have been pointless as there would have been an imbalance of brightness anyway, due to the silvering not being present on the nearside.......
    Having acquired my present Audi , a '99 A4 Avant , I was surprised to see that in the rear nearside cluster there was a bulb-holder and all wiring present for a 2nd rear fog, and that it appeared to be silvered inside too......
    I just popped a bulb in and hey presto 2 rear fogs, not sure why it desn't work for you though!
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

    '72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

    '63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

  10. #9
    EnzoS4's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    200

    Rear Fog

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    I just popped a bulb in and hey presto 2 rear fogs, not sure why it desn't work for you though!
    I have the same, put the bulb in the panel and it works fine, but the hole for the bulb on mine is square and the bulb will not fit pass it... need rocket scienist or a square bulb...

    good point about the brake lights...

  11. #10
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,520

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by EnzoS4
    I have the same, put the bulb in the panel and it works fine, but the hole for the bulb on mine is square and the bulb will not fit pass it... need rocket scienist or a square bulb...

    good point about the brake lights...
    I used a stanley knife to shave the square into a round,job done !!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO