clutch judder

petespug

Reaction score
hi guys I have a 1996 Audi a4 1.9 tdi recently I have started experiencing clutch judder when pulling away in first gear even if I try and slip the clutch when pulling off I still get it the clutch was replaced by pervious owner not long ago dose anyone have any ideas ?

Is it only in first?

I'd get it checked out asap, as it might not be engaging properly, which may lead to the clutch burning out a lot quicker than normal :)

Warped friction plate, or maybe a few bolts loose on the bell housing, or on the mounts. Unfortunatly there isnt much you will be able to check without getting oily

My 2.8 Quattro does the same. Mine judders because its had a long life and there is nothing in the service book about a clutch being done and it went into 140k yesterday. Its on my list of things to get done. suppose i should get it done before it goes, I think if i remember the clutch cost about £600 from audi before fitment

just got mine done! it judders ever so slightly (its me being picky) best thing to do is go to a parts place get the clutch and then book it in with the part it saved me about 200 quid

its not the clutch that was done not long ago it gets worse as the car warms up

it does'nt do it when its a cold day any ideas ?

My A4 has suddenly started vibrating badly when trying to pull off - it was fine yesterday - gone today. The clutch feels different with a more vague bite point. However if I pull on the handbrake, it will drag - so it is not likely to be the friction disk. I need to cawl under the car to have a look at the hydraulic pipework yet - the brake master cylinder is still full though.

My car has done 150k miles and chipped to approx 145BHP.

Any ideas?

Simon :keule: