silicone hoses

a4quat

Reaction score
has anyone put a silicone hose kit on their car, does it make a difference and how much. cheers

cosmetic unless you are upping boost significantly

SFS, Samco, or Roosesport.

They have better heat resistance qualities than factory spec, but make not one jot of difference to performance.

I have a Samco Y-Pipe on mine,.....all others are standard ;)

forge do some very competitive ones now

I understand that after chipping or going for the K04 setup or larger that the inlet or turbo pipe have been known to collapse and cause a restriction in flow, unlike the silicon pipes that are a lot stronger and hold there shape.

docurley said:
I understand that after chipping or going for the K04 setup or larger that the inlet or turbo pipe have been known to collapse and cause a restriction in flow, unlike the silicon pipes that are a lot stronger and hold there shape.

Yep, the very same collapsing thing happened to my Astra when the boost got wound up, so I bought this SFS one............

IMG_1600.jpg

When I spoke to samco, they said they did not make a silicon hose for the facelift model. The only B5 they stated was up to 1999

Thats what I always thought, but it does not mention my engine code, which is AJL. I am not sure what the difference is and have been meaning to go to Samco and let them compare. All I know id the facelift engine code doesn't get mentioned on any sites, including Forge

OK, thanks for the help, when I get paid at the end of the month I will give you a bell....thanks

as i started the post:wtf: can i also have a price on that hose too, also a price on a full set from intake to thru to intercooler. cheers
p.s. my engine code is ajl too.....

:sorry: Your price will be the same as the one above for the TIP and the other pipes will need to be made up so i'll need to speak to Forge before i can give you a price on those. :thumbsup: