Best 1 piece Projector Headlights?

inigoj

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my two piece B5 Halogen headlights to later style 1 piece HID compatible lights.

What are the best ones to go for?

Am i better off trying to find a complete second hand solution with ballast and bulbs etc, or aftermarket projectors?

Also is it best to keep the main beam Halogen (for flashing main beam) or go for a twin xenon setup?

I dont want a halo style light.

Any ideas.

euro car parts sell the valeo ones (same company that makes the oem ones) this is what i have, i also have hid's in the dipped. i dont see the point in having main beam hids as they dont come on instantly like normal bulbs so would be usless for flasing someone.

What is the bulb type/fitting on the OEM Valeo projectors, and where is the best place to get a HID kit to fit these headlights? ebay/vagparts/JBR etc?

H7 bulbs, and any of the names mentioned will supply you a kit.
However,the light output on normal H7's from the facelift lamps is much better, you may find you are happy with the output, without the expense of an HID kit.

as above, funnily enough mine is an hid kit for a vauxhall omega (made by hella) got it off ebay years ago. thing i like about them = in all the years they have been on the car they are still on set of bulbs number 1 :) they pay for themselves on bulb savings

Do the Valeo one piece units have a switch for LHD/RHD?

I am looking at some OEM facelift lights from Germany, but am unsure on the dipped-beam pattern, and whether it can be changed.

If the low beam is a projector is the beam pattern a changeable mask?

+ what is the difference between the Valeo facelift halogens, and the facelift xenon headlamps? is it just the projector/bulb fitting and the ballast enclosure on the rear of the headlght?

Finally went for the Valeo facelift halogen's, and an aftermarket HID kit + white side-lights etc.

This way i can change back to halogen dipped for MOT.