Droplinks - how long til they fail ?

Fraser

Reaction score
Was wondering how long have I got until my droplinks fail after they start clunking over big bumps ???

It is very annoying but money is a little tight this month !!! and am tempted to buy a warranty wait for a month and then claim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

F

are you sure the droplinks are to blame here? IIRC, standard complaints about clunking are due to worn Anti-roll bar bushes..

The A4 has so many bushes/ball joints about the front that it could be any one of them. I had a worn lower ball joint diagnosed by AMD in Nov last year. I could find any play on very close inspection neither did the MOT tester yet the front of the car had become a little loose/noisy/clonk nothing really specific or serious. In the summer I replaced the S4 suspension for RS4 stuff and upon removing the joint found the slightest movement. Replaced the arm /joint end of noise problem. I was really amazed!

The point here is you neeed to get it checked properly to access what exaactly it is.

I've seen really worn ball joints on other cars come completely out of their sockets. This IS A SERIOUS SAFETY PROBLEM!

Patrick,

yep will be getting it checked... pain in the provebial !!!

am tempted to get the front sussy completely redone...

Ref my reply's/experience/advise with replacing suspension/ball joints to the post by Ozzy tittled Groaning suspension.

I don't know how to create a link to it? CAn someone tell me?

But I searched under 'foreman' for it to narrow down the search.

Found the link here

the point about an inspection and if needed replacing the lot shoud there be wear apparent is what I was considering, didnn't know if this was going to be overkill, but hey that is the kinda guy I am sometimes...

Thanks
F