Had my car chipped yesterday!

smitch

Reaction score
Got my car chipped yesterday. :arco:

The extra torque and improvement in economy are more than i was expecting but i'm not sure if it's an awful lot faster than it was before but it's certainly nicer to drive.

That said, i've only driven it round for about 35 miles so far and not really had much of a chance to properly put it through it's paces.

I'm yet to put a K&N (panel filter) on it, will that make much difference over the standard item????

Opinions please guys!

Could cause you more probs than its worth as I gather the oil coating on the filter gets on to the MAF and causes problems.

Congrats on the the chip, just give it a little time for the ECU to adapt to the new map.

The guy that did the re chip said it would take time to settle, i just assumed it would all be instant.:think:

Could be a good few hundred miles before it settles properly, at the moment its learning your driving habits etc and setting it accordingly.

Like when a car has been driven carefully all of its life seems slow compared to one that does get blasted, the ECU sets itself up to match the owner

Best get thrashing then! :jump: