Possessed Fuel Gauge.

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Took a friend out for a spin with over a quarter of a tank of petrol, hammered it round a roundabout, and the fuel light/beep came on.

For the next few miles the needle started randomly going up and down from zero to a quarter.

Switched the engine off, then on,............no change.

Started the car again an hour or so later and all seemed fine.

Drove it the day after and it's gone potty again :(

Maybe an airlock or something?

Has anybody else experienced this?

Cheers :beerchug:

Umm thats crazy.. This one time i had like almost half a tank. Parked it on my friends steep sriveway one night. went to leave the next morning and th fuel light was on and the guage was on empty... i was like wtf?? it didnt change either... i filled my car up it was bone dry.... Where the hell did half a tank go over night.. i dont have any fuel leaks either!!?? goddamn aliens..

I had a 77' 911 SC last year and whilst stationary one day the rev counter needle was flying from 0-7000 revs for no apparent reason, only did i t the once though. 2 days later the battery died, put on a new one then it was ok.

Your'si s probably a faulty sender unit in the fuel tank i woul have thought though.

smitch said:
Your'si s probably a faulty sender unit in the fuel tank i woul have thought though.

Hmmm, I wonder what sort of money Audi want for one of those.

you don't need to go to audi, try Murray McDonalds on 01707272686. mail order VAG parts for a fraction of the price.
Inline bosch fuel pump from audi £178
from MM £97

jcb said:
you don't need to go to audi, try Murray McDonalds on 01707272686. mail order VAG parts for a fraction of the price.
Inline bosch fuel pump from audi £178
from MM £97

That's a very handy contact :)

Cheers dude ;)