Remote not working?

northernmonkey

Reaction score
Well, i bought an A4 estate the other day, after the Mrs got pregnant and i had to get rid of the BMW Coupe, it just wasn't practible. I gotta say that so far i'm impressed with the audi, just needing new front drop links and the jobs a good un! However one small problem is that the remote key entry doesn't work as well as it should, i thought it was batteries but had them checked and they were fine according to the jeweller, so i thought i'd try the other key and that the same, kinda works when it wants! Is there anything i should be on the lookout for or does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Regards Neil :uhm:

Hi, not sure if this is your problem but I had a prob with my wife's remote key for my A4. When I tried to unlock the door remotely it didn't work. I too assumed the battery had died but found a post which explained that Audi keys have a facility whereby if they are not used for a while they go into 'sleep' mode to save the battery. Just needed to open the door manually, put the key in the ignition and turn to the click before starting the engine and leave it there for about 10 seconds. This 'wakes' the key up and sure enough, the remote facility started working again.

Hey there, thanks for the speedy reply, i did read it last night but waiting till this morning before trying it. Unfortunatly, that didn't work either! Am i right in thinking that the batteries are 1.5v as that's what he testing them on?

I running right out of ideas to get this thing working again!

I feel a bit of a fool now, just had another look at the batteries only to find out they are 3 volt not 1.5 as the jeweller who tested them said! No wonder they looked ok on his tester! Off to get batteries!

with new batterys you mite have to reprogramme your key happend to my flick key. instructions been posted in a6 forum. if you need instructions i will post it. battery is useally cr 20 32