Drivers window regulator

kenloen

Reaction score
Website
n
How hard to fit ?

Audi have just quoted me £65.07p for a new one, mine made a cracking noise the other day then stopped working and looking inside the front plastic clip has fallen apart... its a shame the dont do just the plastic clip like...

Right i've had a go at this and thought i should update. the clip from the A6 fits to the slide guides in the same way, But the window holders do not fasten to the new slide, the clamping method is different.

So what i have done is snap off the fastening clips on the new slides and drilled through the window holder 'bracket' right through the window slide and bolted the two together. Do this in the window closed position. When yo fit back the motor has a load sensor rather than a window positon sensor s it doesnt matter how you reassemble. once the window hits either the top or bottom the motor stops.

It works but my cabling mech is really stiff so i might need to strip and rebuild again at some point, the weather is bad at the mo and i dont wanna get caught in the rain again ...

oh yeah, i didnt need to remove any rivets at all..

chees once again

Yeah man mine was started crackling when i wound it up and down, then started stopping at halfway then wouldn't move the stell wire frayed and broke. Audi wanted a phenominal amount for a regulator when all i needed was the steel wire... they wouldn't sell me the wire without the whole regulator.. so i pulled it all off and got a new peice of wire and those clamps and fixed it for like 5 buks. haha. Jason = 1, Audi = 0