Chris NottJMB Retrofits

Thread: Coooolant

Neutral

Status

Coooolant

Anyone know why my coolant would all of a sudden be low? I started my car up this morning and got the nice red flashing Coolant light so i checked my fluid and it was really low. I drove to work fine checked it and the fluid was back to normal and the same color so i know it wasnt mixing with other fluids.. anyone? anyone?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah, you must have a leak!

But seriously, maybe radiator has a hole or a hose clip has corroded and it drained away some coolant between the previous journey and this morning. How long is a piece of string.
    Have a good nose around under the hood, and also I'd check under the mats inside for any damp, possibly heater matrix has given up?
    2001 VW Passat 130 TDi Sport 6 Speed
    1999 Honda CBR900RR-X FIREBLADE

Neutral

Status
    It is quite damp under my front matts I think that may be the culprit, anyone know where it is or how I can inspect it to see? Thanks!

3rd Gear

Status
    I found that the clip connecting the pipes to the rad were lose and leaking, just axle stand it and look for any drips. Usually leaves a trails of water where its coming from, thats how i found mine. Just needed a bit of tightening and its fine, although prob better off getting a new clip :P

The pressure loss would make the coolant suddenly rise up if you take the cap off, although it wouldnt rise that much. Are ya sure it's definetely the same amount its supposed to have :P