S4 cats?

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Hi chaps :)

My S4 goes like an absolute rocket, the one time when you're NOT supposed to nail it,........................when cold.

Is this just because there's extra fuel going through when on the equivalent of choke?

After 10 minutes or so the car remains fast, but the accelerative 'edge' goes, and things feel a little strangled.

Are the cats THAT restrictive?

Do any other S4 owners experience similar?

Cheers :beerchug:

Paul.

I would say its a mixture of;

The cool temperature of the engine/coolant.
The Extra fuel on tick over, to heat the engine.
The Cool temperature of the exhaust system.
The cool temperature of your air intake system.

lol i could be wrong :p

Although i didnt think that was good for your turbo's :s

GSB1 said:
I wouldn't know if it's normal, you shouldn't be on boost when it's cold! Slapped wrist!

Oh I don't leather it when cold, but even going to 3.5-4K revs it just feels so much more lively and responsive ;)

Just doesn't feel as eager later on :(

Phantom_A4 said:
FMIC time!! :)

Not a chance LOL!!! ;)

I'm trying to keep this car as standard as possible and hopefully help it keep it's value.

Just about to start a house extension too,.................priorities :)

oil is thinner, engine is way cool. the fuel, ignition and cam timing on start up maybe different? you are mad treating your s4 this way :O

dummi said:
you are mad treating your s4 this way :O

What way?

I've just said that I DON'T thrash it when cold, it just feels much perkier.

In fact I don't take my turbo cars over 3.5-4K rpm until the oil temp gauges are at proper temperature :) (always cooled down too ;)).

dummi said:
oil is thinner, engine is way cool. the fuel, ignition and cam timing on start up maybe different?

Yeah, but this can be said for ANY car,................it just seems much more pronounced in this car. Then again, I've never had this many cats before.

My Astra runs like a dog until it's warm,......................then it goes ballistic :hubbahubba: