door locks?

raymie

6 pot AP
Reaction score
hi, i was sitting in my car the other day, turned the car off and took the key out, sat for 1 miniute then the doors locked, thot i pushed the button, unlocked the car and left the key on the seat, 1 min l8r same happened again........ so i unlocked again and put the key in the ignition, same happened again, just worried incase i leave the keys in the car and it locks and im locked out, has this happened to any1 b4? strange :shrug: :uhm:

i know they lock themselves but i thought it was more like 5-10 mins

Randomjim said:
i know they lock themselves but i thought it was more like 5-10 mins

nope about 1 miniute, never noticed it b4

the missus was driving and went into the shop, thats when it happened :think:

lol Yea, unless you have the electrics on. It will auto lock itself, incase you forget to lock it. Can be an **** hole when your washing your car and leave it in the ignition, but off.....

Just be dead certain your keys are on you lol! :)

I am sure its around a min, if i unlock my car, but dont open the dooror boot it will relock itself, but thats about it on my 98.5

if i switch my car off from driving and get out car with out locking it doesnt automaticly lock it self. but if i unlock it and dont open the doors or anything with in 2 minz it usally locks it self.

I think there may be a fault if the car is locking itself after taking the key out of the ignition.......
On cars with flip-key remotes there is a built-in security feature that if you remotely unlock the car but dont actually open a door within about 1 minute the car will automatically re-lock itself.