JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport

Thread: light colour

5th Gear

Status

light colour

Just wondering if any one knows what the legallity of having different colour side lights are. I finally got around to fitting my HID kit and am over the moon with it. Makes the car look totally updated. As the sidelights were just halogen they looked pants so found some PIAA bulbs on ebay. The seller said they were blue/white, which me being a dumbass thought meant they were a blue white colour. When they came they were LED.......one white and one blue. When on sidelights they just look blue in colour, not so much when mains are on too, but still blue. Was wondering if this is legal or not. When it gets a bit darker will take a few pics to show you all
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    My mate had the exact same PIAA blue/white LED lights on his car and was stopped by the police and given a fine - they are not legal in the UK.

The best oness to get are the Philips blue vision sidelight bulbs - they have a light blue coating on them, but the light produced is bright white and matches the xenons well. These are ones are legal!

You can get them here: http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/