Trigger happy ABS!

mattpanton

Reaction score
After my car had the baring and CV sorted last week the ABS has been playing up, the guy said he had to replace the sensor in order to change the CV (sensor was seized into the hub).

Now my ABS loves to cut in as and when it feels like it, most favourably on dry tarmac under light braking! All good fun, oh and the ABS light comes on now and again just to tell me theres a problem (like I wouldn't notice!!)

Needless to say the car is going back to the garage to be sorted, just curious if anyone else had a similar experience?

There is no need to remove the sensor to do the CV, or the bearing. Odd, i would say that either the sensor wasnt new, or maybe the CV itself has dirty notches, ie greaes etc.

Interesting, in that case then he probably just broke the sensor doing the job and told me that as a way of getting me to pay for it (although I only paid cost price, but was still £60). How would the CV influence the working of the ABS though?

The notches for the spped sense are actually on the CV itself,they can become grease clogged/dirty, but you say he has fitted new? or a new boot/gater

ahhhh I see, it was (or at least should have been) a brand new CV, hopefully he's just missed something when putting it back together, some grease in a notch or two would make sense as it's an intermitant fault.